This is a 5 CMTE course that focuses on Hispanic Music and Culture and its use with patients and family during end of life. This course will examine the use and influence of traditional Hispanic music with patients and family members. We will examine the importance of self-empowerment, and self-expression in end of life care.
- Demonstrate a basic repertoire of traditional folk and popular songs in Spanish.
- Appraise the diversity of the Latino culture.
- Develop a working knowledge of the problems and issues that effect the Hispanic community
- Review some basic phrases in Spanish, and other phrases that might be utilized in sessions.
- Practice speaking in Spanish with proper accentuation and pronunciation.
Registration Fee: $125, includes all course materials
OFFERINGS FOR 2016